Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Dumbfounded

And humbled.
And stunned.
And grateful.
And relieved.

I spent a big chunk of February scrambling to find a way to fund the wonderfully intense clinical trial that I am so thankful to be in.

I have received some of the kindest rejections of my life, from organizations that truly want to help patients, but for various reasons were not able to help me. We were getting closer to March, and I hadn’t booked any of my March flights yet. I was starting to worry.

So when my dear friend Lily (the same one who gifted me the ruby slippers) brought up the idea of doing a gofundme, I initially balked. I was sure I could find a foundation to cover the expense. But the days marched on, and still nothing. Finally, I gave her my blessing to start it.

And HOLY MOLY!

If you are curious to see what I’m taking about, you can
check it out here.
I am so moved by the response.

What more can you really want from life than to love and be loved? To put some good out into the world? To have a life well lived?
(I just want many more years of all of this!)

The incredible response to this call for help accentuated the strength and the goodness of all the communities (both physical and virtual) that I am so fortunate to be a part of.

And all the notes and messages! Oh my ❤️!

My most sincere thank you.


Here is my view for today. Not too shabby. Those are the Rockies in the background!

My next scans are April 8. So, in the mean time I have decided to assume that the drug is working perfectly. May as well.



2 comments:

magzilla said...

It breaks my heart that this is the way we have to fund lifesaving health care but thank goodness for your amazing support network. I'm not surprised at all that you have so many people coming out to contribute. You are an incredible person and we need you to keep doing what you're doing and showing that stage 4 cancer managed as a chronic disease. There's little I want as badly as I want for you to live many many happy years with your family.

Clara david said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.