Monday, November 19, 2018

Radiating My Brain

I have completed treatment 2 of 5 for my targeted brain radiation. You may recall that, since there WAS living tumor in the section they removed from my cerebellum, we decided to radiate the perimeter around what was removed, in case there were any tumor cells there.

Well, let me just say that

Radiation

Is

Kicking

My

Butt.

Check out the imprint the super-tight mask leaves on my face.

It wears off after about an hour.
I was mentally prepared to feel wrecked after surgery; I was not so prepared for this. In addition to the exhaustion, I have had awful headaches and nausea. I talked to my Rad Onc about this and he said it was from brain swelling, and prescribed a course of steroids. Yay, more steroids. But if they stop the headaches, I’m happy to take them.

The upside of spending my life on the couch is that I have been doing projects like teaching my kids how to use the sewing machine.






It’s still Lung Cancer Awareness Month, and I still have lung cancer, and I’m still raising money to fund research specifically focused on my rare ROS1 mutation. I’m trying to reach $8,000 by the end of the month. Here’s the link: https://www.supportalcf.org/ros1/ToriTomalia

2 comments:

Sophie Lewis said...

I am Sophie from Canada, I once suffered from a terrible and Chronic breast cancer ,since 30years now , the doctor told me there was no permanent cure i was given medications to slow down its progress, i constantly felt my health was deteriorating as i constantly go out of breath,and this illness was really terrible especially when am going out with my friends, i have this constant disorder for about 30 years, this was really a terrible illness ,on thin one day that i was going through the internet,and i came across a post of Mrs shelley on how his husband was been cured from colon cancer through the help of Dr Williams herbal product, I contacted this herbal doctor via his email and explain everything to him and make purchase of his product,few days later he sent me the herbal medicine through courier service, when i received the herbal medicine, i used it for 1 months as prescribed by Dr Williams and i was totally cured within those week of usage,on thin now i have not experience any sign or characteristics again . for more information you can email him on drwilliams098675@gmail.com for help

Anonymous said...

Hi Tori. This is what I have found out about ROS1. First crizotinib. If not responsive then cretinib or pembrolizumab. Also there is something called liquid biopsy that can give molecular analysis. Then there's second line therapy. Also drug named memantine protects brain during radiation. Sending you love and healing