Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Milestones

Today I had the joy of walking our eldest to his first day of kindergarten. As he was getting ready, he told me that he may feel a bit nervous when he gets to school, and asked me if I feel nervous in new places. I love how articulate he is about his feelings. When we got to school he did amazingly well, taking a moment to look around the classroom the telling me he would like to play in the kitchen area. 


It is funny to reflect on how I felt last year when he had his first day of preschool. I had all the typical anxiety about my little guy growing up so fast. This year, I just felt so thankful that I got to participate in this milestone. 

I've been feeling very Emily Webb lately, as we say goodbye to summer and transition into a new season and school year.

"Oh, earth, you're too wonderful for anybody to realize you. Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? - every, every minute?"

(For the non-theatre geeks among you, Emily Webb is the lead in the play Our Town. While I agree that play is way over produced by high schools, I still think it is pretty beautiful. You should check it out sometime.)

I will leave you with some cute pictures of  Autumn and Mikaela getting ready to spend Labor Day grilling and playing in the yard. I asked them to sit on the couch together so I could take a picture of them, and they started posing. Those two crack me up.

No comments: