Sunday, November 29, 2015

Day 29: Genevieve de Renne, caregiver. "Never underestimate the power of love, and the power of your own thoughts."

PROFILES IN LUNG CANCER
Lung Cancer Awareness Month 2015

Day 29: Genevieve de Renne, caregiver

"Never underestimate the power of love, and the power of your own thoughts."

How long have you been a caregiver?
"If you are just talking about being a lung cancer caregiver, it has been a little more than nine years since you were diagnosed the first time. If you define being a caregiver as being there for someone unconditionally, it started when I was a single mom, and then when I was a caregiver for my parents in their later years."

What was it like in the beginning?
"I was in an emotional haze. It’s gut-wrenching to see your loved one go through something like this, and to know that there’s nothing you can do. I had no control, and it was challenging for me. I wasn’t prepared for how quickly I could go to straight to fear."
...continue reading...

No comments: