Monday, November 16, 2015

Day 16: Kelli “Cat” Joseph, Survivor. “If there was ever a time in history to get lung cancer, that time is now.”

PROFILES IN LUNG CANCER
Lung Cancer Awareness Month 2015


Day 16: Kelli “Cat” Joseph, Survivor
“If there was ever a time in history to get lung cancer, that time is now.”

Kelli, tell us about yourself.

I’m a 48 year old lung cancer survivor, currently NED (no evidence of disease). I am a wife to a gorgeous, caring, patient husband, and we are parents to a beautiful, loving, smart teenage boy who has been so resilient throughout the ups and downs of this cancer ordeal. He is amazing. I’m also a business owner. I have a bar called The Cuckoo’s Nest.

That sounds like a recipe for being very busy. Is it fun to be a bar owner?

Yes it is, and it’s even more fun now that the bar is smoke free. When I think of how much second hand smoke I breathed in from the age of 17, I’m very happy that smoking in my bar is now against the law.
...continue reading...

1 comment:

Chloe said...

Lung Cancer seems to be involved in the clinical, translational and basic science of malignancies of the lung and chest region. Treatment modalities have been applied into its treatment. Everything will be fine. Just keep positive. Best wishes.

Cancer is going to be cured in the future.