Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Day 18: Gail Lemaire, Lung Cancer Survivor. "I have 30% lung capacity and I'm still laughing my head off!"

PROFILES IN LUNG CANCER
Lung Cancer Awareness Month 2015

Day 18: Gail Lemaire, Lung Cancer Survivor
"I have 30% lung capacity and I'm still laughing my head off!"

Gail, what is your connection with lung cancer?
“I am a survivor of lung cancer five separate times over the past 23 years. I have also had breast cancer twice, and thyroid cancer twice.” Gail is also an advocate for others with lung cancer.

Why do you think you’re still alive???!!!
“First, I have the most unbelievable husband in the world. He is there for me every minute of every day. It seems doubtful that I could have made it through all of these difficult illnesses - cancer, surgery, treatments, and thousands of tests, etc., without his love and support. Next, I believe in the power of positive thinking. I want to LIVE my life, because I am the luckiest, most blessed, happiest, most contented woman you could ever meet! I’m thankful for every minute of every day that I’m alive. Also, God keeps me here for some purpose, and I’m still trying to figure out what that is. I hope I'm doing it. Of course, good treatment and good doctors are a very important part as well.”
...continue reading...

No comments: