Saturday, September 17, 2005

Eco-tourrific!

I went on an Eco-tour today around Cairns. I was a bit hesitant about taking a tour - I'm not a huge fan of piling into a bus and being told what to look at - but overall it was a worthwhile experience. I got to see a huge amount of stuff that I probably would not have gotten to on my own, though I didn't get to spend the time wandering that I would have liked. I'll have to do some of that on my own later in the week.


Wildlife in Lake Barrine, a volcanic crater lake.

Milla Milla Falls

A Curtain Fig Tree (it has aerial roots!)

The World Heritage Rainforest on the edge of Mungali Falls Village

A really cool tree

The Babinda Boulders

Did you know that Queensland has the oldest rainforest in the world? I didn't. There are some amazing things to see in Australia. I think I will just barely scratch the surface during my 6 weeks here.

No comments: