Thursday, December 21, 2017

Waiting...waiting...waiting...

Well, my liver counts have been dropping, but they still aren't low enough to start the trial. Because of the holiday weekend, my next possible start day is December 26.

The good news is that the counts have been dropping pretty dramatically, meaning this is almost certainly a reaction to withdrawing from my medicine, rather than something more sinister (liver failure, cancer progression, etc).

I have been eating all sorts of liver-healthy foods (beets, watermelon, walnuts, lemon water), and the trial coordinator said to keep doing whatever I'm doing, because it's working!

I'm really disappointed, and fearful that by December 26 I will have been off of cancer medicine for 18 days. I'm trying not to stress (ha ha ha) and enjoy the fact that for the first time in over 4 years I don't feel nauseated when I wake up. So that's a plus.



That's my story for now. Happy holidays from our family to you and yours.  And if you are looking for me, I'll be the person hanging out guzzling watermelon-beet juice and munching on walnuts.

1 comment:

Big Piney Woods Cats said...

I found your blog again and am glad I did. I got lung cancer 4 1/2 years ago and had all the usual, chemo, radiation, surgery. I have been on Xalkori for a year and it seems to be working and Pfeizer is sending it to me, no way could I afford it. I have nausea every morning and during the day even with pills. I have no appetite and food doesn't taste right. Thank you for your blog and Merry Christmas to all in your family....