Friday, May 29, 2020

seven.

Today marks 7 years of (knowingly) living with metastatic lung cancer. 7 years since I was told I had 8 months left.

It also marks 78 days in lockdown because of Covid-19.

Why don’t I count the cancer life in days? If I did it would be 2,557. That’s a lot of days.

Things are bumpy on this roller coaster. My latest scans showed likely progression in both the brain and lungs, so we are mulling over next steps.

I’ve never been good at predicting the course of events - I never would have imagined, 1 (or 7) years ago what today would be like.

So, I hope to see you all back here when I write “eight.” Let’s hope we will find that things are sorted by then: vaccine widespread, lives calm, bellies fed, roofs over heads, justice served, and cancer cured.





2 comments:

magzilla said...

Every post from you is hope for me. It's been only 19-1/2 months since I was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer spread everywhere. Only two brain tumors then. Two more 3 months later, around the time I found you and my hope grew.

It's now been 7 months that I've been NAD, all my tumors but the primary completely resolved. I wish the same miracle for you. I know it's possible. You've turned 8 months into 7 years - you can already work miracles.

Sending you love every day!

Anonymous said...

Time flew by. I still remember the picture of you with the "little" kids. They are all grown BIG kids now! Whatever happens in the next hurdle that will come at you, embrace these BIG kids and rejoice that fact that YOU are here, NOW! I don't know what the next course maybe, but keep us posted and we will be behind you all the way!