Friday, May 17, 2019

Out, Damned Spot!

Clearly this cancer likes to keep me on my toes.

You may recall that I finally got some good news on my April brain scan, the first good news in a year or more. My May scan focused on my heart and bones. The heart looks just fine (yay!) but a spot appeared in my left shoulder blade.

Just when you think you can breathe easy for a bit.

It is a spot that was seen back in 2013, but that we thought was dead for all these years. I guess it wasn’t, or it is some sort of zombie cancer that is rearing its ugly head.

And I thought the pains in my shoulder were a pulled muscle from all my travel and camping fun!

The good news is that I can stay in the trial, and we are treating this spot like a single mutant clone and zapping it with targeted radiation. And I can do the radiation here in Michigan. All good things.

So on Monday I start three every-other-days of radiation. Not my first rodeo, as the nurse said, though my first time where I have to be aware of possible skin damage.

I’m going to assume the rads will take care of this Damned Spot, and that my newest magic drug will keep shrinking the cancer in my brain. May as well believe that until I hear otherwise.


2 comments:

eileen grady said...

Tori, you continue to inspire me! Keep up the good work. I'm rootin' for you from afar.
Best always,
Eileen

magzilla said...

Yes! I know it's not ideal but pretty darn good. I'm responding really well after my first month of lotlatinib but, having burned through crizotinib in only 5 months I'm ready for resistance to crop up anytime. Thank you for paving the way and constantly fueling my optimism.