Wednesday, December 03, 2014

Blogging for CURE

In an exciting turn of events, I've started blogging for the cancer publication CURE. They publish both a magazine and web content, and I am looking forward to sharing my story with a new audience in the hopes of educating and helping more people who are on a cancer journey. CURE provides Cancer Updates Research & Education to patients, caregivers, and people working in the field of oncology. The magazine has recently brought on several bloggers in an effort to give readers a more personal side of the patient experience. I'm very happy to be one of them.

I'm still figuring out how I will coordinate blogging in two places, but I think I'll have some posts that are just for you, my awesome readers, and some that are for a larger cancer community on CURE, but I will provide a link to those here on my blog.

Full disclosure: CURE pays me a few pennies (literally) for each person who clicks on my articles. So, if you would be so kind, take a moment and click on my post below. And if you enjoy the read, please pass it along to your friends.

The first several posts on CURE will be catching those readers up on my cancer experience so far. My initial post (below) deals with the terror of the first few weeks after diagnosis. I welcome any feedback you have, either here on my blog or on the comments section over at CURE.

Knowledge is Power: A Cancer Patient Navigates Her Diagnosis

Edited - some people were having trouble with that link on certain browsers. If it doesn't show, try it here: 
Knowledge is Power: A Cancer Patient Navigates Her Diagnosis


**Housekeeping note**

Some people have asked how to know when there are updates on this blog. If you are reading on a desktop, look over to the upper right hand side for the "follow by email" box. Just put your email address in there and click submit.

If you are reading on a mobile device, scroll down to the bottom and you will find the "follow by email" box. Put your email in there, click submit, and you are all set.

4 comments:

kimmywink said...

Wa-Hoo! That is fantastic news. Looking forward to reading more from you.

Lil-Lytnin said...

Thank you, Kim! Yeah, crazy how life takes these twists and turns. It's a fun ride, for sure.

Unknown said...

I'm so happy for your new adventure and always love reading your posts.

Lil-Lytnin said...

Thanks, Lysa! I'm so glad you are doing well.